Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Ultimate Sophistication

An oxymoron is a combination of contradictory words. Consider the following ten complex simplicities:

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.   ~Henry Thoreau

To lead the people, walk behind them.   ~Lao-Tzu


Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.   ~Winston Churchill


I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.   ~Michael Jordan


If you haven't made any mistakes recently, you must be doing something wrong.   ~Paulo Coelho


If I only had a little humility, I would be perfect.   ~Ted Turner


The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.   ~Mahatma Ghandi


Melancholy is the pleasure of being sad.   ~Victor Hugo


Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.   ~Leonardo da Vinci


Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.   ~Soren Kierkegaard