Thursday, February 16, 2012
Theme Series: Ten Perspectives about Change
Depending upon the circumstances, change can be met with excitement, reluctance, or even fear. Here is a select list of quotations which provides some helpful guidance.
- The days come and go like muffled and veiled figures sent from a distant friendly party, but they say nothing, and if we do not use the gifts they bring, they carry them as silently away. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy, for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter into another. ~ Anatole France
- Turbulence is life force. It is opportunity. Let's love turbulence and use it for change. ~ Ramsay Clark
- Our days are a kaleidoscope. Every instant a change takes place...New harmonies, new contrasts, new combinations of every sort...The most familiar people stand each moment in some new relation to each other, to their work, to surrounding objects. ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely. ~ Karen Kaiser Clark
Selected by quoteflections.
- When you're through changing, you're through. ~ Bruce Barton
- What is more enthralling to the human mind than this splendid, boundless, colored mutability! Life in the making? ~ David Grayson
- A permanent state of transition is man's most noble condition. ~ Juan Ramon Jimenez
- When in doubt, choose change. -Lily Leung
- When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves. ~Victor Frankl
(Tags: select top quotes, quotations, theme series, self help, life, inspiring, enriching, uplifting, motivational, educational, philosophical.)
(Sharing/recommending this post/this blog is appreciated.)