Saturday, August 18, 2012

Flower Footnotes and Asterisks

Garden flowers are enjoying center stage these days:

A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books.  ~ Walt Whitman

I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. - Emma Goldman

Bloom where you are planted. - Mary Engelbreit


I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.  ~ Claude Monet  (Monet's painting above)
   
Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts. ~ Sigmund Freud

The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers.  ~ Basho

Perfumes are the feelings of flowers.  ~ Heinrich Heine

With daffodils mad footnotes for the spring, and asters purple asterisks for autumn.  ~ Conrad Aiken

When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other.  ~ Chinese proverb