Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Daylight in the Mind

I have always felt that laughter in the face of reality is probably the finest sound there is and will last until the day when the game is called on account of darkness. In this world, a good time to laugh is any time you can.   ~Linda Ellerbee

I will follow the upward road today; I will keep my face to the light. I will think high thoughts as I go my way; I will do what I know is right. I will look for the flowers by the side of the road; I will laugh and love and be strong. I will try to lighten another’s load this day as I fare along.   ~Mary S. Edgar

Mirth is like a flash of lightning that breaks through a gloom of clouds and glitter for the moment. Cheerfulness keeps up a daylight in the mind, filling it with steady and perpetual serenity.   ~Samuel Johnson


Quotes about laughter