Monday, November 19, 2012

Calm and Storm

Keep calm and carry on.  ~ was a propaganda poster produced by the Government of the United Kingdom in 1939 during the beginning of the Second World War

I'm full of fears and I do my best to avoid difficulties and any kind of complications. I like everything around me to be clear as crystal and completely calm. ~ Alfred Hitchcock

I never felt settled or calm. You can't really commit to life when you feel that.  ~ Angelina Jolie

There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm.  ~ Willa Cather

Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us.  ~ Martin Luther

After a storm comes a calm.  ~ Matthew Henry

The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good.  Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful joys of wisdom....Calmness is power.   ~ James Allen

He who angers you, conquers you.  ~ Elizabeth Kenny

They sicken of the calm who know the storm.  ~ Dorothy Parker

Tags: quotes on calm, composure, life, enrichment