Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Our Splendid Failure

Every noble work is at first impossible.  ~Thomas Carlyle

It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.  ~Walt Disney

We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.  ~Charles R. Swindoll

I have learned to use the word “impossible” with the greatest of caution.  ~Wernher von Braun

"One can't believe impossible things," Alice said. "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.   ~Lewis Carroll

All of us failed to match our dreams of perfection. So I rate us on the basis of our splendid failure to do the impossible.  ~William Faulkner

Quotes about the impossible