Thursday, July 11, 2013

Seeking a Thread

All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own.   ~ Goethe
 

To romanticize the world is to make us aware of the magic, mystery and wonder of the world; it is to educate the senses to see the ordinary as extraordinary, the familiar as strange, the mundane as sacred, the finite as infinite.  ~Novalis

I set about seeking a thread, a theme, a style, in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image.   ~ Leni Riefenstahl

 

I'm a romantic -- a sentimental person thinks things will last -- a romantic person hopes against hope that they won't.  ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

To say the word Romanticism is to say modern art -- that is, intimacy, spirituality, color, aspiration towards the infinite, expressed by every means available to the arts.  ~ Charles Baudelaire 



Quotes about romanticism, life