Monday, April 4, 2011

Google Reader Takes you There

I would like to share a valuable tip. If you do not subscribe to some favourite sites via RSS (Really Simple Syndication) on Google Reader, you are missing a speeding train of fun and discovery.

Of course, for many of us we have Google Friend Connect, a handy way to follow a blog through our Blogger Dashboard (which also appears on Reader). But what if you run across a site without Friend Connect?

For example, yesterday I recommended Letters of Note which I personally subscribe to through my RSS feed in Google Reader. Google Reader keeps me up to date on all the sites I follow with their latest posts.

The latest submission is about Andrew Scott who heard that the director of the National Railway Museum in New York was retiring. Andrew wrote a letter of application expressing his reasons why he was suitable for the job:

"I am writing to apply to be the new director...I am only 6 but I think I can do this job. I have an electric train track. I can control two trains at once."

Unfortunately Andrew did not get the job as director but the museum appointed him as Director of Fun.

Don't use Google Reader? Why not invite your RSS master conductor to begin today?