Friday, June 7, 2013

A Thousand Times Too Short

I've reached a milestone at 365 Quote Quest with one thousand entries.  So here are some select quotes about a thousand.

The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.  ~ Lao Tzu

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.  ~ Buddha

Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.  ~ Marilyn Monroe

A hero is born among a hundred, a wise man is found among a thousand, but an accomplished one might not be found even among a hundred thousand men.  ~ Plato

I spent three days a week for 10 years educating myself in the public library, and it's better than college. People should educate themselves - you can get a complete education for no money. At the end of 10 years, I had read every book in the library and I'd written a thousand stories.  ~ Ray Bradbury

Is life not a thousand times too short to bore ourselves?  ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

(Quotes about a thousand, life)

If you wish to read four reflective questions about this list, feel free to visit my other blog.   I've only got 95 more entries to go before I publish Volume #3 of 365 Quote Quest.  (365 x 3=1,095)  Volumes #1 and #2 are available here.

Thanks for following quoteflections and, possibly,  my complement, 365 Quote Quest.  Recommending/sharing these blogs is appreciated.