Friday, October 5, 2012

Ingredients of the Good Life

Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.  ~ Socrates

The best portion of a good man's life is his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.  ~ William Wordsworth

There are three ingredients to the good life; learning, earning, and yearning.  ~ Christopher Morley

The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.  ~ Bertrand Russell

Suffering! We owe to it all that is good in us, all that gives value to life; we owe to it pity, we owe to it courage, we owe to it all the virtues.  ~ Anatole France 

I can get sad, I can get frustrated, I can get scared, but I never get depressed - because there's joy in my life.   ~Michael J. Fox

You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.  ~William W. Purkey


I love life because what more is there?  ~Anthony Hopkins